Sunday, July 3, 2022
Truth presented with deep research & accuracy


Dozens of civilians killed during Afghan commando raid at a wedding party, officials say

Up to 40 civilians were reportedly killed during a government commando raid on an insurgent stronghold on Sunday, according to…

By Jenny Scordamaglia , in International , at September 23, 2019 Tags: , ,

Up to 40 civilians were reportedly killed during a government commando raid on an insurgent stronghold on Sunday, according to government officials in Afghanistan’s Helmand province.

Government officials in the Afghan province of Helmand said on Monday that as many as 40 civilians, including children, may have been killed during a government commando raid on an insurgent stronghold.

The raid had targeted a militant hideout that was being used as a camp by the Taliban to train suicide bombers, the government said.

Here are the reactions of people of this incident

Malik Achakzai tweeted: “Shocked seeing the photos of victims in #Helmand‘s Musakala, very sad that a wedding has been targeted. Several photos of children circulating is hurting. Rest in peace for the departed souls and recovery for the wounded ones.”

Ershad Ahmadi: “It is beyond heartbreaking to see the pictures of innocent children & civilians killed as a result of air strikes on a wedding in Helmand. We, the non Taliban Afghans, representing the Republic, have lost the high moral ground in this dirty war. This gruesome violence must end.”

Samira Hamidi: “ISIS turn weddings into funeral houses, so is security forces. The law of war emphasize on avoiding harm to civilians. Security forces are equally harming civilians. Last week Nangarhar, this week Helmand- This is sick!!!”

Comments


en English
X